Neggram (nalidixic acid)
Neggram is an antibacterial that is used to treat specific urinary infections and renal complications. It works by killing bacteria in the renal system by stopping its essential proteins needed to survive. The rest of the elimination process is done by the body’s immune system.
Chemical composition and nomenclature
Neggram is a brand of Nalidxic acid and is a quinolone antibacterial agent for oral administration. Nalidixic acid is composed of ethyl dihydro methyl naphthyridine carboxylic acid. It is a pale yellow crystalline substance with a weak organic bonding.
Precautions and warnings
Like all other antibiotics, Neggram tablets require consultation with the doctor regarding allergies and other similar complications. Before using this medication, make sure the following points meet:
- Being pregnant or planning to become pregnant in future.
- Herbal or non-prescribed medications since these interact with Neggram.
- If you or any of your acquaintances suffer from Alzheimer’s disease, hardening of brain arteries, liver problems or severe renal complications. A history of heart problems is necessary while consulting for Neggram.
Some medicines too have been found to possess undesirable effects during interaction with Neggram. Anticoagulants and probenecids have been found to interact with Neggram. Antiarrhythmic that affect the heart beat may simply increase overall chances developing side effects.
Proper dosage of Neggram will involve observing the following key points:
- Take the tablet with or without food with a full glass of water. If upset stomach occurs, take the tablet with food to reduce irritation.
- Certain products containing magnesium, aluminum, calcium, iron and zinc need to be avoided as these interact and react to develop several side effects.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose to avoid acidity and irritation. Do not consume caffeine or other liquid products like fizz as directed by your physician.
- Take full Neggram prescription to completely affect the infected areas.
- If in case you miss a dose, consume it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose and go back to normal treatment.
- Use reminders to keep medication schedule updated.
Neggram tablets cause certain side effects that need to be taken into consideration during consumption. Always note down these following key points when buying a Neggram leaflet:
- These tablets cause dizziness, confusions and headaches. These side effects worsen when a patient consumes alcohol or other medications that interact with it.
- Diarrhea is a common side effect with antibiotics so be prepared if you experience mild diarrhea after taking his medication.
- Pregnant women especially need to take more care during treatments.
- Diabetics may need to consult with their doctor before buying this medication.
- Breastfeeding mothers need to know that Neggram mixes with breast milk although this has not been observed to cause complications for the infant.